Crispy Kale Chips
1) Position racks in upper third and center of oven; preheat to 400°F.
2) If kale is wet, very thoroughly pat dry with a clean kitchen towel; transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle the kale with oil and sprinkle with salt. Using your hands, massage the oil and salt onto the kale leaves to evenly coat. Fill 2 large rimmed baking sheets with a layer of kale, making sure the leaves don’t overlap. (If the kale won’t all fit, make the chips in batches.)
3) Bake until most leaves are crisp, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 12 minutes total. (If baking a batch on just one sheet, start checking after 8 minutes to prevent burning.)
- Tips: Store in an airtight container at room
temperature for up to 2 days.
- Note: Choose organic kale when possible.
Nonorganic can have high pesticide residue.
- Cut Down on Dishes: A rimmed baking sheet
is great for everything from roasting to catching
accidental drips and spills. For effortless cleanup
and to keep your baking sheets in tip-top shape,
line them with a layer of foil before each use.
|Black Pepper (Optional)|